Thursday, February 13, 2014

I Will Find the Time to Write, Whilst Rocking Extra Hard in My Studies

I just can't not write.  I really can't. 

This has been a dilemma for me since nursing school began, as I was not willing to take any time whatsoever away from my studies, which were every spare minute that I could find.  While that hasn't changed, I've had a bright idea.  I've still been reading recreationally for 30-60 minutes before bed to ease my mind and dampen the nightly anxiety dreams about school (no joke), and this has proven to provide me with much needed relaxation at the very end of my day.  So, why not use some of that time to write?  I'm not taking any time away from my studies that way, and it's fulfilling a huge creative outlet for me that I feel as though I can't do without.  Not being able to write feels worse to me than not being able to read books would, which would be awful!

That said, I would like to announce that the second volume of Tales of the Bodhisattva is in the works. 

Here are some tidbits:
Leaf and Ankara have a son!  This is quite possibly mirroring my own life, as my beautiful wife and I are about to become parents.  There is continued turmoil between the gods, and the conflict is rising to much more epic proportions (possibly a war).  Many characters from the first book will return, and some new ones will be introduced who were only mentioned previously.  Leaf will be torn in many different directions as he is trying to protect his new family, searching the world for the reincarnations of the bodhisattvas, attempting to soothe the minds of many to avoid an all-out war, and dealing with a brand-new adversary. 


Here is a needle-felted Khurran that my wife made!


And here's my beautiful baby-momma! (don't worry, it's just O'Douls)
She's actually at 32 weeks now, and her baby-bump is much bigger.  I'll update soon with a more recent picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment